Friday 7 March 2014

Going for Gold

I'm fortunate to live nearby quite an inspirational person.

Ever seen a guy on a sit ski do a back flip? 
Check out Josh Dueck's website and watch the YouTube video of Josh's epic back flip....

In brief (quoted from Josh's web site);
I spent several years pursuing my dream to be an Olympian.  That goal was forced into retirement due to financial constraints; I then redirected my energy into coaching.  It was while I was coaching that I sustained a spinal cord injury, leaving me paralyzed from the waist down.  Life as I knew it no longer existed.
It’s hard to digest the gravity of such profound change; even to this day.  Experiencing such a powerful personal transformation opened me to some beautiful realizations about life, love and how deeply connected we are on so many levels.  I am eternally grateful for the people in my life that teach, encourage and inspire me to life a life of purpose and service.  
Life is a gift and it’s meant to be shared.
Josh is a Dad now, I often see Josh with his family (including the dog) going to the park.
Check out his web page and keep and eye out during the 2014 Paralympics for Josh.
All the best Josh, stay safe and enjoy the Olympics. We'll be cheering you on!
Here is Josh's schedule (care of Silver Star Mountain)


Update: Josh won Silver for the Mens Downhill.
Today (March 14th) Josh won Gold in the Super G.

Sc


No comments:

Post a Comment