Friday 2 September 2011

Sparky....Autodesk Spark

Coool..... I just loaded Autodesk Spark and gave it a quick spin around the block....

Great, a basic LT version of Revit.. I was wondering how long it would be until Autodesk created a lighter version of Revit for those working on simpler projects.

From what I've seen so far this is a great program. It does have some limitations such as:



And really the only things I would miss if I was working on a project would be Rendering, In-place families (but if I have the ability to create Families I guess I can live without In-place Families) and Design Options.

This is going to be a great program for the sole business operator or a small design company with a handful of people. If Autodesk prices this similar to AutoCAD LT (which is a 'smokin' good deal for what you get) its going to be a very popular pony in the Autodesk stable.


Looks and feels very much like Revit, same file extensions so in larger offices may have both running. I'm using Revit as a viewer for some of the people in the office here who just need to view the model and pull information from the model but they cant save any changes, with spark they'll be able to create schedules etc without me having to spend the big bucks on additional licenses for this type of user... love that!

System requirements are pretty lights as well: http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/spark/system_reqs/
Right on Autodesk!



No comments:

Post a Comment